Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Thu, 12 December 2013 07:52 UTC

Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 08:52:09 +0100
To: randy_presuhn@mindspring.com
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Cc: netmod@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt

Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hi -

So it seems we have a chance to fix this now.  But I need to
understand what exactly you and/or Juergen propose.  Preferrably
concrete text.  I *think* that the proposal is something like this:

   o  An implementation MUST allow any legal "string" (YANG string).

   o  An implementation that maps this value to the corresponding MIB
      object, which has size and character set limitations, MUST use
      some mechanism out of the scope for this document to ensure that
      the MIB object syntax is still valid.

Also, just to make sure, we are talking about:

   system/location        -- sysLocation
   system/contact         -- sysContact
   interface/description  -- ifAlias

/martin