Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt

Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com> Tue, 10 December 2013 18:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:55:28 -0800
From: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>
To: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>, Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Cc: randy_presuhn@mindspring.com, netmod@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt

Hi -

I really like this idea, though I'm not sure which of the various
ways of doing escape sequences would be most helpful.  For example,
the &#mumble; convention of HTML would also be a possibility.  But
whatever the mechanism, I think something like this would be a huge
win.  (Note that there are obnoxious corner cases, such as the SNMP
interface being used to configure an sequence which would, if interpreted
as an escape, result in a forbidden or impossible code point.)  Still,
I really like this idea.

Randy