Re: [netmod] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-14

Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de> Wed, 01 November 2017 11:24 UTC

Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 12:22:49 +0100
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>
To: Mahesh Jethanandani <mjethanandani@gmail.com>
Cc: Kristian Larsson <kristian@spritelink.net>, "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netmod] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-14

Mahesh,

I think the question is why we need to have different match containers
for each possible feature set combination instead of having a single
match container with groups of leafs in it marked as features. This
would seem to cut down the size of the module and the tree diagram
significantly. I think this will also make clients simpler sicne they
do not have to select a certain container based on the feature set
announced. BTW, how do I filter on TCP flags in combination with
a source IP address? There seem to be reasonable combinations of
features not even covered.

/js