Re: [OPSAWG] network management data models - a rewrite

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Thu, 17 November 2011 06:05 UTC

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 07:05:15 +0100
thread-topic: [OPSAWG] network management data models - a rewrite
thread-index: Acyk4BjFEtMcLpe2QdO/Rs7/TUDkEAAC0GTw
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>, opsawg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] network management data models - a rewrite

Hi Juergen,

It's not only Mehmet and Benoit, it's also me (as contributor and AD),
and at least one position expressed in the meeting and also the silent
majority in the WG meeting (to be confirmed on the list) that agree with
us or do not care. You missed I think that part of the OPSAWG meeting,
but what was said and agreed I think (pending on list confirmation) is
that the goal of the document or one of its principal goals is to
provide a view of the IETF data models for NM for external SDOs. Many of
those look at management apps via a FCAPS view, and providing both views
is equally important. This is the reason for which while agreeing with
your view that we must emphasize the way data modeling happens in the
IETF and explain it, I believe that keeping a minimal but meaningful
level of presentation of the models through the FCAPS perspective is
necessary for the participants out of the IETF.

Dan