答复: RE:_[p2p-sip]_A_New_Internet-draft_is_available

bessler at FTW.at (Sandford Bessler) Fri, 25 August 2006 12:33 UTC

From: "bessler at FTW.at"
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:33:49 +0200
Subject: 答复: RE:_[p2p-sip]_A_New_Internet-draft_is_available

Juwei Shi schrieb:

> I?ll explain the motivation of the hierarchical P2P-SIP architecture.
>

> The precondition of applying the hierarchical approach is that the
> SIP-over-P2P structure is adopted. We have presented the benefits of
> that two layer approach in our draft.
>

> Various P2P overlays have already existed such as Chord, Pastry and
> etc. We can?t roughly tie up a specific P2P overlay as the peer
> locating service for SIP but exclude other overlays. Only one overlay
> is inflexible and can?t satisfy requirements of all the peers. For
> example, the requirement of a mobile peer in MANET differs from that
> of a powerful host in Internet.
>

> Thus we believe that heterogeneous P2P overlays will exist, and when
> we use them as the underlying peer locating service for SIP we can
> only inter-connect them to retain the connectivity feature of SIP.

I completely agree with the view of heterogeneous P2P overlays and
decentral domain administration for security or  resource management
(e.g. storage). We have even tried to further work out the elegant idea
of federated DHTs according to the paper of H.Balakrishnan, S.Shenker
and M.Walfish, Peering Peer to Peer Providers, however the routing
amounts to that of a mesh network and needs advertising mechanisms
similar to the BGP protocol. The hierarchical solution really seem to
reduce the complexity.

Best Regards,
Sandford