Re: [sipcore] Proposal: Call for adoption& WGLC: draft-roach-sipcore-priority-00

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 30 November 2012 02:25 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>, "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 03:25:00 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Proposal: Call for adoption& WGLC: draft-roach-sipcore-priority-00

If you look at some IANA tables, you will see a link to template, where the template contains more information than the IANA registry.

My assumption has been that this is to allow the gathering of extra information beyond the bare table, where an expert is designated to review the entry to ensure it makes sense. This of course depends on the guidance given to the expert who is performing the expert review from the original RFC that established the registry. If the expert is just expected to make sure all the table entries are present then you probably don't need one. If the expert is required to investigate in a more technical sense, then they need more information.

Additionally RFC 3265 and its successor have a template for documenting event packages for example, which carries much more information than is needed for the IANA registry.

Keith