Re: [Softwires] 4rd Address Mapping - version-01

Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net> Mon, 03 October 2011 16:39 UTC

From: Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 18:42:55 +0800
To: Qiong <bingxuere@gmail.com>
Cc: Softwires-wg <softwires@ietf.org>, Wojciech Dec <wdec@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Softwires] 4rd Address Mapping - version-01

Hi Qiong,

Some fields of a unified address format for double translation and encapsulation might be unnecessary for hub and spoke, but using the same format should be advantageous for maintenance and training if for nothing else (assuming that any added complexity is negligible enough).

Believing that a completely unified format is possible, I mentioned it to Alain.
Also, I volunteered to be editor-coordinator for this to happen, but decision of who does what is his.

Regards,
RD