Re: [Softwires] comments on draft-carpenter-softwire-sample-00

Rémi Després <remi.despres@free.fr> Tue, 28 September 2010 17:03 UTC

From: Rémi Després <remi.despres@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:03:38 +0200
To: WashamFan <Washam.Fan@huaweisymantec.com>
Cc: softwires@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Softwires] comments on draft-carpenter-softwire-sample-00

Hi Washam,

As Brian suggested, it might be best to wait for the new proposal (we work together on it).
It is intended to combine, improve, and complete, draft-carpenter-6man-sample and draft-despres-softwire-6rdplus.

Traffic between two NAT44 sites is, as you suggested, always based on hairpinning (simpler and, even more important IMHO, resistant to all odd NAT behaviors).

Its other distinctive property is that hosts behind the same NAT44 communicate directly within their site using their IPv6 addresses.

Your comments will be most welcome when the draft is available.

Regards,
RD