Re: [Softwires] comments on draft-carpenter-softwire-sample-00

WashamFan <Washam.Fan@huaweisymantec.com> Wed, 29 September 2010 05:29 UTC

From: WashamFan <Washam.Fan@huaweisymantec.com>
To: Rémi Després <remi.despres@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:30:07 +0800
Cc: softwires@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Softwires] comments on draft-carpenter-softwire-sample-00

Hi Remi,

Personally, I think it is very meaningful to address tunneling
IPv6 over IPv4 with NAT traversal issue, especially in China.
We have less IPv4 address space assigned at the first place,
compared to the huge population, the address per person
ratio is very low, I suspect some ISPs have already deployed
some kind of NATs somewhere in their network. (As myself,
I got 10/8 from my provider). In the other hand, we bought
CPE outselves, the ISP can not control the CPES most of
time, I am afraid. That is very different from that in Europe
or America, I guess. My impression is, from my experience
surfing the Internet, I would go thru one layer NAT (deployed
by my provider in my residential building) and a 192.168
network (somewhere in the SP network) before I hit the
Internet finally.

When my ISP is going to provide IPv6 to me, let's say,
6rd as the first step, the existing complex network arch would
hinder the classic 6rd deployed.

I am looking forward to the new combined proposal.

Thanks,
washam