Re: [Speermint] Updated Draft: SPEERMINT Peering Architecture

Otmar Lendl <lendl@nic.at> Tue, 23 May 2006 20:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:59:10 +0200
From: Otmar Lendl <lendl@nic.at>
To: "Michael Hammer (mhammer)" <mhammer@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Speermint] Updated Draft: SPEERMINT Peering Architecture
Cc: speermint@ietf.org, "Khan, Sohel Q [CTO]" <Sohel.Q.Khan@sprint.com>

On 2006/05/23 22:05, "Michael Hammer (mhammer)" <mhammer@cisco.com> wrote:

> I think the the interworking of SIP to PSTN is out of scope here.  The
> issue is whether two peers, once they have discovered each other, can
> know what subset of SIP they need to support.
[...]
> While coloring within those lines, the next question is whether there is
> a single subset that can be defined or whether there will be many.  I am
> betting on many, probably a different set for each federation or even
> bilateral pairing that might exist.  That could be another rabbit hole.
> I would be happy if two peers could point to the same subset and agree
> to use it, no matter how many subsets might exist.

Well, I've got a draft to sell to you.

>From the example section of draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt:

   o  If the carrier example.com only accepts SIP calls (in addition to
      PSTN interconnect) if the PSTN emulation is good, he might publish
      a policy like this:

      $ORIGIN example.com.
      ;      order pref flags service regexp replacement
       IN NAPTR 10 10   "U" "D2P+SIP:std" "!^.*$!urn:ietf:rfc:3578!" .
       IN NAPTR 10 11   "U" "D2P+SIP:std" "!^.*$!urn:ietf:rfc:3666!" .
       IN NAPTR 10 12   "U" "D2P+SIP:std" "!^.*$!urn:ietf:rfc:3960!" .

/ol
--
< Otmar Lendl (lendl@nic.at) | nic.at Systems Engineer >