VS: [Speermint] Updated Draft: SPEERMINT Peering Architecture

"Nieminen Klaus" <Klaus.Nieminen@ficora.fi> Sun, 28 May 2006 20:30 UTC

Subject: VS: [Speermint] Updated Draft: SPEERMINT Peering Architecture
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 23:30:11 +0300
From: Nieminen Klaus <Klaus.Nieminen@ficora.fi>
To: speermint@ietf.org

Hi folks,

Richard is right. From the charter:

> Issues that are out of scope for SPEERMINT include:
>
> Routing of sessions which are not signaled using SIP. In
> particular, SPEERMINT is constrained to consider only those
> scenarios in which call routing is signaled using the SIP
> protocol and addressed by SIP or SIPS URIs. E.164 numbers and
> other national or private formats may only be used as defined
> within the SIP protocols, and

So SPEERMINT is using only SIP/SIPS URIs, not E.164 numbers, so there is no number portability issue for SPEERMINT.

However, I understand that you need a mechanism to do cope with NP also in the SIP interconnection case and that can be done using infrastructure ENUM (in fact we are now discussing implementing one in Finland). The right place to discuss infrastructure ENUM is the ENUM WG.

I do not know if this is also out of our current scope, but I would like to discuss transferring charging/tariff information between providers in realtime. I want to raise this question, because at least in Finland we have been used to transferring charging information (pulse charging) in PSTN interconnection interface. This is for example used also in value added services that are billed by the caller's operator.

And I believe that we are not only ones that see this capability benefical. In fact it is required, if we want to enable SIP-based interconnection also for premium rate numbers and I consider it quite essential.

Therefore, I want to ask that do you see that we need a mechanism to transfer charging data in SIP interconnection interface and do we have anything ready for that?

regards,

- Klaus -