RE: [bmwg] Is the BMWG a proper home for this I-D?ch

sporetsky@quarrytech.com Mon, 04 October 2004 19:33 UTC

From: sporetsky@quarrytech.com
To: riw@cisco.com, jim.mcquaid@netiq.com
Subject: RE: [bmwg] Is the BMWG a proper home for this I-D?ch
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:05:08 -0400
Cc: hcb@gettcomm.com, bmwg@ietf.org
Sender: bmwg-bounces@ietf.org

Russ,

As interesting as this paper is, I always found it to be a tough fit for the
BMWG.  This proposed work item has no related terminology or methodology
draft.  The tests are not clearly described in the paper and refer to the
need to simulate hundreds of nodes for a lab benchmark test.  I went through
the thread from last April '04 (6 months ago) and read numerous responses in
objection to this becoming a work item.  My mind is open to be changed so
can you please clearly explain what is being benchmarked, how it is being
benchmarked, and why you think this is appropriate for the BMWG.

Scott