RE: [bmwg] Is the BMWG a proper home for this I-D?ch

sporetsky@quarrytech.com Tue, 05 October 2004 17:14 UTC

From: sporetsky@quarrytech.com
To: riw@cisco.com, sporetsky@quarrytech.com
Subject: RE: [bmwg] Is the BMWG a proper home for this I-D?ch
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:54:55 -0400
Cc: hcb@gettcomm.com, jim.mcquaid@netiq.com, bmwg@ietf.org
Sender: bmwg-bounces@ietf.org

Now we have evolved to the request to make a BCP for measuring network
convergence.  I have to ask a question first asked last April regarding this
work - Why is the IPPM not the best place to discuss this work?  In
addition, for the benefit of the BMWG could you please clearly explain what
is being benchmarked, how it is being benchmarked, and why you think this is
appropriate for the BMWG.  Please note that at this time I am neither "for"
or "against" this becoming a work item.  However, I would like to read
answers to these basic questions so I can make an informed personal
decision.  We eagerly await your answers to these basic questions.

Scott