RE: [bmwg] Is the BMWG a proper home for this I-D?ch

Jim McQuaid <jim.mcquaid@netiq.com> Thu, 08 April 2004 01:55 UTC

From: Jim McQuaid <jim.mcquaid@netiq.com>
To: "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb@gettcomm.com>, bmwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [bmwg] Is the BMWG a proper home for this I-D?ch
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:09:02 -0000
Sender: bmwg-admin@ietf.org

You make an excellent point (can it be tested with created traffic or does
it require live network traffic in some form).  That's the "bench" in
benchmark; it can be done with lab equipment.

I would agree with that distinction.  On the other hand, if there is
enthusiasm to do this work within BMWG, tthat may be more important than
legalisms, however sound.

Jim McQuaid