Re: [dhcwg] Call for Adoption: draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-08

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Wed, 05 September 2012 05:42 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@nominum.com>, "dhcwg@ietf.org WG" <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 07:42:29 +0200
acceptlanguage: fr-FR
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Call for Adoption: draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-08

Dear Chairs, all,

I support the adoption of this draft as it allows to:

* Avoid misbehaving routers which inject a large number of individual prefixes instead of aggregating them. The behaviour of the edge router supporting this mechanism is deterministic and it does not depend on a specific implementation. Network operators may decide to inject an aggregate even if all individual prefixes are not assigned to connected nodes.

* Control the prefixes to be injected in routing without requiring a dedicated configuration interface no a new DHCP message.

* Retrieve the set of routes injected by the router embedding the relay agent.

Cheers,
Med

PS: I'm also co-author of the draft.