RE: [dhcwg] Interface

"Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se> Thu, 20 September 2001 18:01 UTC

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
To: 'Erik Nordmark' <Erik.Nordmark@eng.sun.com>, Ted Lemon <mellon@nominum.com>
Cc: "'Guja, ArturX'" <ArturX.Guja@intel.com>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Interface
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:53:15 -0500
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

Perhaps I'm confused, but don't we have an issue that we should attempt to resolve when a client has multiple interfaces to the same link?

A client may not know this.

I believe IAs should be client specific, not interface specific. But, that still doesn't solve the problem because hows does the server know that there are two interfaces on that client? (Instead of treating all IAs to belong to the first interface.) This could lead to significant problems if we allow a server to tell a client all of the IAs for that client on that link (in an Advertise, for example).

- Bernie