[Hipsec-rg] 答复: 答复: Key Revocation Issue

zhangdacheng at huawei.com (Zhang Dacheng) Fri, 23 January 2009 03:02 UTC

From: "zhangdacheng at huawei.com"
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:02:50 +0800
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] 答复: 答复: Key Revocation Issue

Hi,

I absolutely agree that FQDNs cannot directly be used for session
authentication etc.  But we need to clarify that the original objective of
designing HIP is separation of IDs and locators rather than security. I
agree security is an important functionality provided by HIP. But I am not
convinced that HITs cannot be taken placed by FQDNs just because HIT can be
used for security purposes. If so, why cannot we just associate with each
FQDN with a PKI certificate? There has been lots of work on session
authentication using certificates. This solution seems much easier to be
achieved than modifying the protocol stack.

In addition, do you have any idea about whether it is reasonable to assume
that each HIP host is associated with a FQDN?

Best wishes,

Dacheng Zhang