[Hipsec-rg] Hierarchical HITs

shengjiang at huawei.com (JiangSheng 66104) Tue, 20 January 2009 21:26 UTC

From: "shengjiang at huawei.com"
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:26:07 +0800
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Hierarchical HITs

Hi, Oleg,

Please don't take my initial meaning wrongly. I have no objection that HIP-authentication can be used for authorization, even the self-generated, non-hierarchical HIT.  Actually, in some scenarios, such as for privacy purpose, it is more suitable than HHIT.

If you read my draft, what I suggest is a hierarchical HIT architecture compatible with the flat-structured HIT architecture. In my proposal, hierarchical HIT and self-generated HIT are both supported. The advantage HHIT has is it carries more embedded information, its beloing information, and this belonging information can be verified too. It is useful for aggregation purpose.

Best regards,

Sheng