[Hipsec-rg] Hierarchical HITs

shengjiang at huawei.com (JiangSheng 66104) Wed, 21 January 2009 20:28 UTC

From: "shengjiang at huawei.com"
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 04:28:38 +0800
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Hierarchical HITs

> Once again, we already have hierarchical identities (e.g. domain
> names) and I do not see the reasons to introduce yet another hierarchical
> space. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Hi, Oleg,

As I have stated several times, I guess you agreed on this too, hierarchical HIT has aggregatable advantages comparing to flat-structure HIT.

It is other discussion topic whether this aggregatable is not an advantage HIT architecture needs or HIT architecture would choose depend on other hierarchical identity systems when aggregation is requested.

And again, what I propose is a HIT architecture that supports both hierarchical and flat-structure HIT. Users can choose in different scenarios or their prefer.

Best regards,

Sheng