[Hipsec-rg] 答复: Key Revocation Issue

zhangdacheng at huawei.com (Zhang Dacheng) Thu, 22 January 2009 02:43 UTC

From: "zhangdacheng at huawei.com"
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:43:02 +0800
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] 答复: Key Revocation Issue

Hi:

I agree that it is an intuitive solution to solve the key revocation issue
with DNS. However, my concern is whether it is reasonable for us to assume
that every host has a FQDN. If yes, the importance of HIP is largely
weakened. We can use FQDN rather than HI to achieve the separation of ID
from Locator. If no, we need to consider the key revocation issue for the
hosts which do not have FQDNs since every host more or less needs to deal
with this problem. That is why I mentioned that maybe the functionality of
RVS server needs to be enhanced.

It is just my personal opinions. Hope to have further discussions on this
topic.

Best regards

Dacheng