[Hipsec-rg] 答复: Hierarchical HITs

zhangdacheng at huawei.com (Zhang Dacheng) Tue, 20 January 2009 01:51 UTC

From: "zhangdacheng at huawei.com"
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:51:08 +0800
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] 答复: Hierarchical HITs

Hi! On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Sheng Jiang wrote:

> As I explained earlier, a self-issued identity means little. Will any
> country allow entrance of a man whose identity card is issued by
> himself only?

I think we should distinguish authorization (deciding whether to grant
access) and authentication (verifying identity).

--
Regards, Oleg.

Hi,

I think Sheng Jiang just indicates that the authentication results should be
able to be used by authorisation systems. In any un-trivial systems, access
control (AC) is performed by authorisation mechanisms, and authentication
results do not mean a lot if they cannot be used for authorisation. HHITs
can provide information about administration domains, which may be valuable
for authorisation systems to make AC assertions.

Best Regards,

Dacheng Zhang