Re: [Idr] [GROW] draft-snijders-idr-shutdown-00: Drop a line in the peer's syslog at shutdown

<bruno.decraene@orange.com> Thu, 17 November 2016 16:28 UTC

From: bruno.decraene@orange.com
To: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>, Job Snijders <job@ntt.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:28:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.5]
Cc: "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>, "grow@ietf.org" <grow@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] [GROW] draft-snijders-idr-shutdown-00: Drop a line in the peer's syslog at shutdown

I support the draft.
I also support Jeff's idea to re-use existing sub-code(s).

1 possible comment: the length of the "Shutdown Communication" field seems implied from the length of the data field, rather than being explicitly indicated. If so, it seems that we are closing the possibility to advertise additional data/usage, in some future. What about adding a TLV format?

Thanks,
--Bruno