RE: WG Review: NETCONF Data Modeling Language (netmod)

"Bert Wijnen - IETF" <bertietf@bwijnen.net> Tue, 22 April 2008 21:16 UTC

From: Bert Wijnen - IETF <bertietf@bwijnen.net>
To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@networkresonance.com>, David Partain <david.partain@ericsson.com>
Subject: RE: WG Review: NETCONF Data Modeling Language (netmod)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:16:02 +0200
Cc: iesg@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Eric,

instead of discussing if there was consensus AT THE BOF
(we all know that at this point in time we DO have
consensus between all the interested WORKERS in this space,
albeit that the current consensus was arrived at in further
(smaller) meetings, in extensive DT work after the IETF and
again after review on NGO list).

I propose that you list (again) your (technical) objections
to the the current proposal. If all you can tell us is that
we need to spend just more cycles on re-hashing the pros
and cons of many possible approaches, then I do not
see the usefulness of that discussion and with become
silent and leave your opion as one input to the IESG for
their decision making process.

Bert Wijnen