RE: IPv6 only host NAT64 requirements?

Masanobu Kawashima <kawashimam@vx.jp.nec.com> Tue, 21 November 2017 04:11 UTC

From: Masanobu Kawashima <kawashimam@vx.jp.nec.com>
To: "jordi.palet@consulintel.es" <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>, 6man WG <ipv6@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: IPv6 only host NAT64 requirements?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 04:11:01 +0000
References: <m1eEGbJ-0000EhC@stereo.hq.phicoh.net> <44A862B7-7182-4B3A-B46E-73065FC4D852@isc.org> <D42D8D7A-6D19-4862-9BB3-4913058A83B6@employees.org> <CAFU7BARCLq9eznccEtkdnKPAtKNT7Mf1bW0uZByPvxtiSrv6EQ@mail.gmail.com> <787AE7BB302AE849A7480A190F8B93300A07AD68@OPEXCLILMA3.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup> <CAFU7BARoXgodiTJfTGc1dUfQ8-ER_r8UOE1c3h-+G0KTeCgBew@mail.gmail.com> <787AE7BB302AE849A7480A190F8B93300A07C625@OPEXCLILMA3.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup> <7EE41034-132E-45F0-8F76-6BA6AFE3E916@employees.org> <787AE7BB302AE849A7480A190F8B93300A07D481@OPEXCLILMA3.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup> <0C83562D-859B-438C-9A90-2480BB166737@employees.org> <787AE7BB302AE849A7480A190F8B93300A07D534@OPEXCLILMA3.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup> <26A31D20-46C2-473E-9565-59E5BA85ED8B@employees.org> <787AE7BB302AE849A7480A190F8B93300A07D63D@OPEXCLILMA3.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup> <F9E3BD88-38E0-4329-A4BF-22083A023268@employees.org> <f673d6c7-570e-b2b8-e8aa-15d73ea8ba3f@gmail.com> <5DAEE862-0BD0-4DA6-AE7A-B4B6A2CAE617@consulintel.es> <D05E1703-9357-4BB2-B535-AEC23924281A@consulintel.es>
x-originating-ip: [10.3.141.9]

Hi Jordi,

> At some point the NAT64 service, instead of being provided by the ISP it will make sense to be provided by third party
> companies, even if there is some extra delay to reach a remote NAT64, etc., and even if there is an extra cost for that
> customer that still requires it.

In Japan, JPIX(Japan Internet Exchange) is providing 464XLAT trial service
to ISPs.
https://www.jpix.ad.jp/en/technical_exchange.php

PLAT(NAT64 service) is providing from JPIX, then ISPs are using CLAT CPE.
We might need this kind of service near future.
Just FYI. :-)

Regards,
Masanobu

 NEC Platforms, Ltd.