Re: [mpls-tp] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

Yuji Tochio <tochio@jp.fujitsu.com> Fri, 02 July 2010 01:13 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:12:50 +0900
From: Yuji Tochio <tochio@jp.fujitsu.com>
To: "mpls-tp@ietf.org" <mpls-tp@ietf.org>, MPLS-TP ad hoc team <ahmpls-tp@lists.itu.int>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

No / Do not support

The reason is as following:

In summary, this draft or the authers should carefully review
the draft [lsp-ping-bfd-procedures] (say "ping draft")which
gives a number of dependency to this draft (say "cv draft").
Prior to making cv draft as WG draft, chairs also should
consider how these two drafts should be drived to completion.

I think the first step for this cv draft before WG draft
is to keep consistency with ping draft and creare new version.
The other possibilities are to let these two be merged or move
some of ping related description in ping draft to cv draft.
This means that, by making cv as WG draft, pararell progressing
must be issued and it leads people confused by these drafts that
seem to be premature in terms of consistency.

An example between them, that I call "inconsistency", is:
Ping draft have a section for LSP-Ping extensions that is
for ACH and some TLVs while cv draft has another LSP-ping
extensions for TLVs. The issue in cv draft is that it is not clear
whether the TLVs should be applied for ACH TLV or TLVs in
LSP-ping (RFC4379) PDU.

I hope that my observation helps chairs' decision.

Thanks,
Yuji
.