Re: [mpls-tp] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

"Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <nurit.sprecher@nsn.com> Tue, 06 July 2010 16:29 UTC

Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:29:02 +0200
From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <nurit.sprecher@nsn.com>
To: hhelvoort@chello.nl, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Cc: mpls@ietf.org, MPLS-TP ad hoc team <ahmpls-tp@lists.itu.int>, mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

Huub,

Please see inline.

Best regards,

Nurit

-----Original Message-----

From: mpls-tp-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:mpls-tp-bounces@ietf.org] On
Behalf Of ext Huub van Helvoort

Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 2:56 PM

To: Loa Andersson

Cc: mpls@ietf.org; MPLS-TP ad hoc team; mpls-tp@ietf.org

Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv
as a working group document

No/do not support

The change of the name of this draft gives the impression

that the content of the draft changed as well.

So before it can be adopted the text has to be aligned

with the title: On-demand CV for MPLS-TP.

I see that it is still focused on extending LSP-Ping but

not for use in a transport environment.

<Nurit> please be more specific. For me it looks that you just missed
the statement in the document saying "In such scenarios, LSP-Ping SHOULD
be run without IP addressing, using the ACH channel type specified in
(I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures]. Maybe you should look at
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedur
es/ \<Nurit>

It does not indicate where the transport OAM requirements

are met.

<Nurit> the assumption it is unless you prove otherwise \<Nurit>

It does not indicate how the ACh is used.

<Nurit> see above. You probably missed in your review the reference to
ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures \<Nurit>

What is the meaning of "adjacency" in the context of MPLS-TP?

It does not document how this tool can be used in transport

environment where tools are enabled/disabled static (compared

to the dynamic set-up of LSP-ping.

<Nurit> your comment is not clear \<Nurit>

Regards, Huub.

                   http://www.van-helvoort.eu/