Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

Nitin Bahadur <nitinb@juniper.net> Thu, 08 July 2010 19:45 UTC

From: Nitin Bahadur <nitinb@juniper.net>
To: "hhelvoort@chello.nl" <hhelvoort@chello.nl>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:39:53 -0700
user-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/13.4.0.100208
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "mpls-tp@ietf.org" <mpls-tp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] poll to adopt draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv as a working group document

Hi Hubb,

On 7/5/10 4:55 AM, "Huub van Helvoort" <hhelvoort@chello.nl> wrote:

> No/do not support
>
> The change of the name of this draft gives the impression
> that the content of the draft changed as well.
> So before it can be adopted the text has to be aligned
> with the title: On-demand CV for MPLS-TP.
>
> I see that it is still focused on extending LSP-Ping but
> not for use in a transport environment.
> It does not indicate where the transport OAM requirements
> are met.

The authors will clarify that in the next revision. As you and others have
pointed out, the text is more centered today around the solution (lsp-ping),
rather than the how the requirement is met.

> It does not indicate how the ACh is used.

Section 3.2 alludes to it. I will update that section to have a pointer to
the first normative reference.

> What is the meaning of "adjacency" in the context of MPLS-TP?

Adjacency came from -01 version of mpls-tp-oam-requirements draft. Currently
there is no adjacency requirement, so we'll get rid of the term of this
draft as well.

> It does not document how this tool can be used in transport
> environment where tools are enabled/disabled static (compared
> to the dynamic set-up of LSP-ping.

LSP-Ping is indeed dynamic in the request/response sense. However, the LSP
by itself can be setup statically or using RSVP-TE. If it is setup
statically, then section 2.4 applies. Can you clarify your comment.

Thanks
Nitin