Re: [rohc] New ROHC Milesstones.

Zhu Lei <lei.zhu@huawei.com> Mon, 14 September 2009 07:03 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:02:31 +0800
From: Zhu Lei <lei.zhu@huawei.com>
To: rohc@ietf.org
Cc: 'Zhu Lei' <lei.zhu@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [rohc] New ROHC Milesstones.

Hi all,

No doubt that ROHC WG is very successful since mechanism would likely be
used in air interfaces. I also fully agree the situations which our AD
concluded.

The successful protocol, like TCP, RTP, ipsec etc, are extented by some
particular reasons in IETF, and such extensions may also impact on the ROHC
protocol.

The intention of this e-mail is to attract the possibility to a newly
reserved and visible functions of part of transport area which is
responsible to the ROHC related issues, e.g. protocol clarifications,
corrections, new requirements, extensions and input or output LS for other
SDOs. This kind of appointment may enforce the consensus in working group
more, in addition, the decisions made like this could be also applicable to
the people who are expecting to contribution to this work after closing this
ROHC working group.

That is good according to my understanding.

Best regards,
Lei Zhu

==================
Magnus, others,

Magnus, thanks for joining the discussion. I agree with Magnus on all
accounts.

Even if it seems like we will be closing down soon, I want the group to
focus on the last call of drafts draft-ietf-rohc-rfc4995bis-01.txt

 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rohc-rfc4995bis-01>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rohc-rfc4995bis-01

Please send in your comments.

Thanks,