Re: [Roll] Adoption of draft-goyal-roll-rpl-compression as a new ROLL WG document

C Chauvenet <c.chauvenet@watteco.com> Tue, 06 September 2011 07:42 UTC

From: C Chauvenet <c.chauvenet@watteco.com>
To: Ulrich Herberg <ulrich@herberg.name>, Omprakash Gnawali <gnawali@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 00:40:22 -0700
acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
Cc: roll WG <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] Adoption of draft-goyal-roll-rpl-compression as a new ROLL WG document

Hi,

Thank you for the link.

As mentioned in the sentence, this is related to the TinyRPL/BLIP implementation of RPL runing on TelosB nodes.
TelosB offers 48K of ROM and 10K of RAM.
As far as I understand, the 30 nodes limitation is related to the TelosB architecture (RAM size in particular) and not RPL.
Because TelosB has been designed in 2004, we can expect that platforms used for RPL deployments of today may have quite different characteristics.

Author may complete my understanding.

Cédric.