Re: [spring] When we have multiple proposals addressing the same problem [Re: WG Adoption Call for draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn]

peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn Sun, 07 February 2021 04:15 UTC

Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 12:14:56 +0800
From: peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn
To: linda.dunbar@futurewei.com
Cc: gregimirsky@gmail.com, adrian@olddog.co.uk, james.n.guichard@futurewei.com, spring@ietf.org, spring-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [spring] When we have multiple proposals addressing the same problem [Re: WG Adoption Call for draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn]

Hi Linda,

You mentioned that:

"Is there any draft identifying the gaps between virtual partitioning of physical network and end to end Network Slicing? "

In fact, draft-peng-teas-network-slicing has a detailed discussion on this gaps, see section "5.  Overview of Existing Identifiers".

Although draft-peng-teas-network-slicing assumes the creation of a virtual topology per slice in the network, leading to scalability issues, that can be addressed with the combination of draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet.

Note that SID per slice allocation by draft-peng-teas-network-slicing is resource-aware SID defined in draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments. Although we all know that SID is allocated with associated resource within the context of slice requirements, draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments makes the concept clear. Please don't use this concept to oppose other documents.

Regards,

PSF

原始邮件