Re: [ledbat] list of reasons for needing multiple TCP connections

Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU> Thu, 20 November 2008 22:43 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:43:17 -0800
From: Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>
To: Robb Topolski <robb@funchords.com>
Cc: ledbat@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ledbat] list of reasons for needing multiple TCP connections
Sender: ledbat-bounces@ietf.org

Hi, Robb,

Appreciating the following, this isn't intended as an application
protocol, so we can't assume it would apply only to P2P. I.e., we need a
solution that can be used for any application, and there are several
applications that DO use multiple connections to increase bandwidth in
the typical case.

Joe