Re: [Teas] Proposed ACTN Definition Text (Re: 答复: Poll on draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements-01 a WG documents)

"Varma, Eve L (Eve)" <eve.varma@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 01 October 2015 19:51 UTC

From: "Varma, Eve L (Eve)" <eve.varma@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "'lberger@labn.net'" <lberger@labn.net>, "'vishnupavan@gmail.com'" <vishnupavan@gmail.com>, "'leeyoung@huawei.com'" <leeyoung@huawei.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 19:51:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.5.27.17]
Cc: "'IBryskin@advaoptical.com'" <IBryskin@advaoptical.com>, "'daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com'" <daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>, "'teas@ietf.org'" <teas@ietf.org>, "'draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org'" <draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Teas] Proposed ACTN Definition Text (Re: 答复: Poll on draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements-01 a WG documents)

Hi Lou,

That's fine - more succint.

Regards,
Eve

----- Original Message -----
From: Lou Berger [mailto:lberger@labn.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2015 02:18 PM
To: Varma, Eve L (Eve); Vishnu Pavan Beeram <vishnupavan@gmail.com>; Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>
Cc: Igor Bryskin <IBryskin@advaoptical.com>; Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>; TEAS WG <teas@ietf.org>; draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org <draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org>

Even
    your proposed changes are in quotes:
ACTN solutions will build on existing TE mechanisms "(i.e., TE
constructs and TE protocol mechanisms)" wherever possible and
appropriate; "however, this should not be construed as constraining
protocol extension solutions if satisfying requirements necessitates
this".

how about *in place* of your changes
NEW
ACTN solutions will build on, and extend, existing TE constructs and
mechanisms wherever possible and appropriate.

Lou