RE: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying as WG item?

"Kantawala, Anshul" <anshul.kantawala@lmco.com> Tue, 29 January 2008 16:47 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:47:03 -0500
From: "Kantawala, Anshul" <anshul.kantawala@lmco.com>
Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying as WG item?
To: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>, ext Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <flefauch@cisco.com>
Cc: tsvwg list IETF <tsvwg@ietf.org>

Lars,
My comment about the usefulness of having a single IETF document that
covers all aspects of RSVP security (authentication and encryption) was
made at the Vancouver IETF meeting (name mistakenly put in as "Andrew"
in the meeting minutes: "*Andrew - interested in RSVP authentication and
RSVP over IPsec, and thinks this work should progress").

A big stumbling block we have encountered in trying to propose RSVP
signaling as a solution for government and other corporate
secure/sensitive networks is RSVP security.  Having an IETF document
covering RSVP security not only helps in handling such concerns, it will
also aid in focused development of security solutions for RSVP.

Thus, I reiterate my support in making this a WG document.

Regards,
Anshul