Re: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying as WG item?

Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Wed, 30 January 2008 07:20 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:20:51 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Brian Weis <bew@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying as WG item?
Cc: ext Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, RJ Atkinson <rja@extremenetworks.com>, tsvwg list IETF <tsvwg@ietf.org>

I think that the scope of the document should be the following:

* Describe what the problem is (largely known already)
* Describe the deployment scenarios where this is a problem (not every
possible deployment combination of RSVP is really useful in the
real-world; in fact I would even argue the other way around). In some
other groups in the Transport Area Lars and Magnus have been very keen
on investigating whether there is a relevance for deployment....
* Illustrate the requirements and assumptions for solutions for the
deployment scenarios that are seen as relevant.

If it only motivates a specific solution proposal then you could just
merge it with the solution and use it as a motivation section for the
solution spec.

Ciao
Hannes