Re: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying as WG item?

Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Wed, 30 January 2008 07:12 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:12:22 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: "Kantawala, Anshul" <anshul.kantawala@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying as WG item?
Cc: tsvwg list IETF <tsvwg@ietf.org>

Hi Anshul,

Kantawala, Anshul wrote:
> Lars,
> My comment about the usefulness of having a single IETF document that
> covers all aspects of RSVP security (authentication and encryption) was
> made at the Vancouver IETF meeting (name mistakenly put in as "Andrew"
> in the meeting minutes: "*Andrew - interested in RSVP authentication and
> RSVP over IPsec, and thinks this work should progress").

draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying is certainly not the
document that covers all aspects of RSVP security.

> A big stumbling block we have encountered in trying to propose RSVP
> signaling as a solution for government and other corporate
> secure/sensitive networks is RSVP security.  Having an IETF document
> covering RSVP security not only helps in handling such concerns, it will
> also aid in focused development of security solutions for RSVP.

Have you ever read RFC 4230?

Please tell me more about corporate networks using RSVP todo QoS. I
would like to met that company that deploys RSVP to dynamically signal
QoS in their network.

Btw, when you make use of QoS mechanisms in a network then you
automatically introduce more security vulnerabilities.

> Thus, I reiterate my support in making this a WG document.

Ciao
Hannes