Re: [Cats] CATS WG Adoption poll for draft-ldbc-cats-framework

"易昕昕(联通集团本部)" <yixx3@chinaunicom.cn> Fri, 01 March 2024 06:40 UTC

From: "易昕昕(联通集团本部)" <yixx3@chinaunicom.cn>
To: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, cats <cats@ietf.org>
CC: draft-ldbc-cats-framework <draft-ldbc-cats-framework@ietf.org>, cats-chairs <cats-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 14:39:41 +0800
Subject: Re: [Cats] CATS WG Adoption poll for draft-ldbc-cats-framework

Hi CATS,

I support the adoption. I have reviewed the document and it has a very complete description of the framework and functional components.
However, I have a minor comment for this draft.
I think it would be better to mention some flexibility in hybrid mode. If it is possible to make a simple decision in C-SMA and C-NMA? Because different service types do have different requirements. For some delay-sensitive service, such as intelligence transportation, path computation is better to perform in ingress CATS-Forwarder. In this way, the signaling transmission time between the centralized C-PS and the ingress CATS-Forwarder can be reduced. As for other service that prioritize global utilization, such as VR/AR, SDWAN, path computation is better to perform in the centralized C-PS because centralized C-PS has a global perspective.

I have a proposed text as following but I am not sure if this is suitable for adding to this draft.
“In hybrid model, the C-SMA and C-NMA can determine whether to report the collected metrics to centralized C-PS or C-PS in ingress CATS-Forwarders according to the requirements (delay or global utilization, etc.) of different service types. ”

I believe this draft can meet the milestone through  more contributuons.

Best regards,
Xinxin Yi