Re: [dtn-interest] DTN BoF Proposal for IETF90

"Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> Mon, 28 April 2014 22:27 UTC

From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, "Burleigh, Scott C (312G)" <scott.c.burleigh@jpl.nasa.gov>, "dtn-interest@irtf.org" <dtn-interest@irtf.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 22:27:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [130.247.104.6]
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] DTN BoF Proposal for IETF90

Hi Stephen,

I submitted some mini problem statement drafts that touch on areas
that I think would need to be addressed in a 5050bis, but my list
was not exhaustive. Scott also posted a laundry list of 5050bis
candidate items last year. In terms of Boeing's interests, security
is a high priority for us for what we think we need in the near term.

> > the working group can make progress while still having an avenue for
> > bringing in new work items as they are ready. Do you see it that the
> > DTNRG would be the forum for advanced development, and DTNWG as the
> > engineering standards body?
>
> I think the topic is the BoF though, if a WG is formed the above
> is pretty obvious for as long as DTNRG exists I guess.

OK, and yes we want to stay focused on the BoF.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com