Re: [idn] nameprep2 and the slash homograph issue

Erik van der Poel <erik@vanderpoel.org> Wed, 23 February 2005 17:11 UTC

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:06:26 -0800
From: Erik van der Poel <erik@vanderpoel.org>
To: IETF idn working group <idn@ops.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [idn] nameprep2 and the slash homograph issue
Sender: owner-idn@ops.ietf.org

> However, it *would* be very wise to *warn* implementors about any
> dangerous homographs in the new RFC (if we decide not to ban them
> outright).

Yesterday, I started a new Web site to collect nameprep issues, and now
I'm thinking that it might also be a good place to collect info about
dangerous homographs. Implementors could look here for guidance.

I stress that this site is unofficial. I am merely offering a place for
us to collect info and present it to others. The mailing list archive is
a daunting and unorganized place to look for such info.

Please send any additions, comments, etc to me or to the mailing list. I
promise to be open about it, but if that turns out to be a problem,
maybe I or someone can start a Wiki instead.

http://nameprep.org/

Erik