Re: [Idr] Part 2 of CAR/CT Adoption call (7/6 to 7/20) - Adoption of draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-05.txt and draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-17.txt

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Sun, 17 July 2022 00:25 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 08:25:38 +0800
Cc: idr <idr@ietf.org>
To: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Part 2 of CAR/CT Adoption call (7/6 to 7/20) - Adoption of draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-05.txt and draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-17.txt

Hi,Robert:

OK. The more concrete description should be:
CT add “RD” field to the RFC8277 encoding(BGP-LU) to make the encoding similar to the existing VPN prefixes encoding, while CAR put the color directly into the NLRI key.

In my opinion, the service intent should be decoupled from the underlying transport class division. As discussed in the list, the service intent may be described as some combinations/preferences of the transport class.
Should we slice the network in advance or on demand, and then steer the customer’s intent traffic on them?

Aijun Wang
China Telecom