Re: "Management team"

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Mon, 20 April 2020 00:58 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: "Management team"
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 12:57:57 +1200
Cc: IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>

John

Another way of looking at this is that the IESG have a set of responsibilities (delegated authorities if you prefer) as does the IETF Executive Director and as does the IRTF Chair, and if those get together to coordinate on how they do their work and do not exceed any of their responsibilities then why does that need a label or formal recognition?  Or is it your view that a) the responsibilities have been exceeded; or b) this type coordination across roles needs community consensus approval before it is allowed to happen?  Your note implies b) rather than a) which seems surprising so I suspect I’m just missing a nuance.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director