Re: Acoustic couplers (was: WCIT outcome?)

Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com> Thu, 03 January 2013 15:18 UTC

To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
Subject: Re: Acoustic couplers (was: WCIT outcome?)
From: Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:13:58 -0500
Cc: ned+ietf@mauve.mrochek.com, ietf-bounces@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, jnc@mercury.lcs.mit.edu

We definitely had an acoustic coupler, with its own phone line, so my
father could work from home, in the mid and  late 70s.

He worked for IBM Research. If there had been a more technically advanced
way of doing it, I am sure they would have used that.

There was not much "general intertia/unwillingness to do the necessary
engineering" at the lab.

Janet

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.