Re: [Lsvr] Kicking off the LSVR (Link State Vector Routing) charter discussion

Joel Halpern Direct <jmh.direct@joelhalpern.com> Thu, 11 January 2018 13:30 UTC

To: "Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <gunter.van_de_velde@nokia.com>, "Lsvr@ietf.org" <Lsvr@ietf.org>
From: Joel Halpern Direct <jmh.direct@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 08:30:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [Lsvr] Kicking off the LSVR (Link State Vector Routing) charter discussion

My understanding from both the draft and the presentations in Singapore
was that there was an expectation to use the same BGP running code and
the same adjacencies to handle both sets of information (setting it up
so one can use different BGPs for different SAFIs was a different work
topic).  As such, the RIB manager may not be in a position to draw the
desired distinction.

If we really want to constrain the implementation so that the RIB
manager can do the job, then we need to say that very explicitly.

Given that it is important for the usability of the result, and
particularly given that different people have different views as to what
level of information the working group needs to agree on, it seems that
the charter needs to deal with this.

Yours,
Joel