RE: draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-session-timer-00.txt

"Dean Willis" <Dean.Willis@MCI.COM> Thu, 18 February 1999 00:06 UTC

From: Dean Willis <Dean.Willis@MCI.COM>
To: Lewis McCarthy <lmccarth@cs.umass.edu>
Cc: Conference Control List <confctrl@ISI.EDU>
Subject: RE: draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-session-timer-00.txt
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:05:01 -0600
Sender: owner-confctrl@zephyr.isi.edu

How about renewing at 1/2 T, where T is the minimum time unit on the
proxy chain. If T is greater than 1 minute or so, this should preclude
accidental expirations as the renewal propagates. As T increases, this
gives us a nice backoff on renewals . . .

--
Dean

http://www.cs.umass.edu/~lmccarth
--
"we have to yet really seriously debate the constitutional issues and
whether or not we're willing to give up more freedom in order to have