Re: [ogpx] URI schema for virtual world locations?

"Richard L. Barnes" <rbarnes@bbn.com> Thu, 21 January 2010 19:01 UTC

From: "Richard L. Barnes" <rbarnes@bbn.com>
To: Meadhbh Hamrick <meadhbh.siobhan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:00:58 -0500
Cc: "ogpx@ietf.org" <ogpx@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ogpx] URI schema for virtual world locations?

Meadhbh,

Based on your LLIDL, how do I figure out what VWRAP server (Region
Agent?) to contact?  Do we need to add a host:port?

If the information really is as succinct as you say it is, there's not
really much difference between the approach you describe and a URI
scheme.  Kind of the difference between the "geo" URI scheme
(<geo:lat,long,alt>) and an HTTP URI pointing to a GeospatialML
document, in fact, the geo URI spec defines an equivalence <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri
 >.

--Richard