Re: [OSPF] Revised OSPF HMAC SHA Authentication Draft

Erblichs <erblichs@earthlink.net> Fri, 18 August 2006 18:19 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:20:46 -0700
From: Erblichs <erblichs@earthlink.net>
To: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] Revised OSPF HMAC SHA Authentication Draft
Cc: ospf@ietf.org, Manav Bhatia <manav@riverstonenet.com>

Vishwas Manral, et al,

	RFC 2328 specificly specifies "message digest" in section D3.

	I am not expert in this field, but wouldn't a section
	why Type 2 shouldn't then be reserved for MD5?

	It should ALSO be a simple argument that any type 2 before now
	 was using MD5. Thus it is a defacto standard for the type.

	And then and a aditional type by allocated for HMAC-SHA auth.

	Mitchell Erblich