Re: [OSPF] Revised OSPF HMAC SHA Authentication Draft

"Vishwas Manral" <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com> Tue, 29 August 2006 07:51 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:21:11 +0530
From: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com>
To: Erblichs <erblichs@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] Revised OSPF HMAC SHA Authentication Draft

Erblichs,

If you read RFC4305, the implementation requirements have and must be changed.

   The implementation requirements are compared below:

   Old   Old         New
   Req.  RFC(s)      Requirement  Algorithm (notes)
   MUST  2406        SHOULD NOT   DES-CBC [RFC2405] (1)
   MUST  2402 2406   MAY          HMAC-MD5-96 [RFC2403]
   MUST  2402 2406   MUST         HMAC-SHA1-96 [RFC2404]

We expect the same for all protocols utilizing the crypto algorithms.

Thanks,
Vishwas