Re: [sidr] [Idr] draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-02: Path shortening & lengthening

"Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com> Mon, 09 April 2012 17:07 UTC

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
To: "robert@raszuk.net" <robert@raszuk.net>, "Sriram, Kotikalapudi" <kotikalapudi.sriram@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 17:07:16 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.185.63.118]
Cc: "idr@ietf.org List" <idr@ietf.org>, "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] [Idr] draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-02: Path shortening & lengthening

speaking as regular ol' member

There is no reverse direction.

Incoming paths that are unsigned are not propagated by bgpsec speakers as signed paths.

And intradomain BGP speakers do not use bgpsec (ebgp sessions only).

And AS4_PATH is not needed in bgpsec speakers - who are assumed to be 4-byte aware.

So no need to worry about ASBRs, flag days, etc.  Don't worry, no problem.

--Sandy, speaking as regular ol' member.