[Techspec] Re: RFC Author Count and IPR

"JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com> Wed, 24 May 2006 17:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 19:13:45 +0200
To: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>, ietf@ietf.org
From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: ipr-wg@ietf.org, techspec@ietf.org, rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
Subject: [Techspec] Re: RFC Author Count and IPR

Dear Russ,
the authors can either be individuals or WGs. The practice to quote
authors for WG documents while they are a cooperative work seems a
wrong practice to me. Copyrights' period take into consideration the
date of the death of the last contributor. The name of all the
members of a WG should be noted if the rights are not exclusively
with the IETF. When a group of individuals wants to propose a
document its members known the numerus clausus before (whatever the
number). The missing possibility is for an entity to introduce a
collective Draft. Only IAN, IESG, etc.can introduce a Draft under
their name. IMHO WG2 and R&D organisations should too.
jfc