Re: [v6ops] Apple and IPv6, a few clarifications - ND proxy for bridging hotspots

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Fri, 26 June 2015 15:11 UTC

Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:10:55 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: v6ops@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Apple and IPv6, a few clarifications - ND proxy for bridging hotspots

Le 26/06/2015 08:48, Mark ZZZ Smith a écrit :

> [...]

I agree having choice is good.  Some cars already feature a 3-option
menu where the car should get its Internet from.  That is good, but it
is bad because the driver has to concentrate on it.

So some people came up with automating that choice.  That's not in the
cars but maybe in the future.

The problem is that future will be very remote because there are so many
choices of connectivity for the car, for the passengers.  Doesnt look
simple to list all the choices, and to automate them.

And, worse, the protocols are not made to work in that dynamic way.

Alex