[6lowpan] -nd-15: Joining the all-nodes multicast address

"Anders Brandt" <abr@sdesigns.dk> Fri, 25 February 2011 10:16 UTC

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:17:40 +0100
From: Anders Brandt <abr@sdesigns.dk>
To: zach@sensinode.com, 6lowpan <6lowpan@ietf.org>
Subject: [6lowpan] -nd-15: Joining the all-nodes multicast address

Having read the doc carefully, I have a question:

Section 5.2 says "A host MUST join the all-nodes multicast address"

Does this mean:
"A host must use some multicast control signaling protocol to inform the
default router that it wants to receive traffic sent to the all-nodes
multicast address.
The host must accept messages sent to the all-nodes multicast address"

OR:

"A host must accept messages sent to the all-nodes multicast address
within the link-local range of the host"

Thanks,
  Anders